I've managed to bring the polycount down to around 21K. It will likely hit a little over 30K once the boosters have been appended. The topology isn't the cleanest, but there's always room for improvement down the line.
I feel the silhouette at least looks nice. The next obvious step would be texturing, but I think I'll actually be moving onto improving the rig a bit and stepping into more heavy animation, as I can add the textures in further down the line.
Been needing to learn so much over the past week or so, it's making my head hurt. I actually wrote a little outline of the workflow just so I could make sure I was following all the necessary steps. I'm sure there are better ways of doing it, but this is the best I can do from my current experience. Hopefully I streamline the list as I learn more.
I want to draw breasts.